Holiday ,Coimby and Friends

Phew 35 days just evaporated! The holiday was FUN

Mom and Dad gave me great company .Mom broke down a few times during the last week ,I had to control my tears on more than one occassion, like some Desi movies of the 80's..:-).

I sang for them a few times...when you see tears in mom's eyes after you sing..hmmmm can't think of words to describe that feeling!

The first week was the best coz most of the happenings were unplanned .

My top 5 for this trip goes like this ...

1.Pongal music festival in coimbatore...Unnikrishnan & Gayathri/Ranjini Combo were just mindblowing...Unnikrishnan's Bhairavi krithi touched new heights.. Jan 12'th -17'th

2.Trips to Kerala .Mulamkunnathu kavu guest house was better than i expected..The Melam at the temple on Dec 17'th for the annual flower festival('Niramala' in malayalam) made me jump in the air a few times. Guruvayoor and Vadakunnathan temples have an aura of thier own . Hotel Shree bhavan at Ollur serves some best of breed and best in class chutney...goes very well with Ghee Roast:-)

3. Early morning jogs at GCT .For some reason the track at GCT has a special place in my heart...felt nostalgic when i ran there...not that i trained for the Olympics there ...but those little moments of motivation that i felt when i ran there during my college days!

4.Visits to Annapoorna ...Masala Dosas and Idly Vada Sambar ..I ate like a famished kid .Relived my school days ...funtastic!!

5.My daily trip to the Sidhi Vinayaka Temple at A. K Nagar SB Colony.

Sundar and I had a great time for New Years....Bacardi flowed all night till we crashed .Deepa and I became good friends and she gave me great company during those lunch meetings ...esp the one at Barista.

Reached Redmond yesterday..and I already have one travel plan on my plate ..Gotta get ready for the East Coast winter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mylapore Experience

Covid 19 and Work from Home