The Year that was!

Come May 30'th I will be completing one year in the US.I remember telling Sundar my best pal at the Meenambakkam airport on the 29'th May last year 'De i will be back in 3 months'.I can only smile ironically at that statement today.From a uncertain 24 year old ..the US experience has made me a independent,open minded and calculative individual.

I like recollecting past events,so let me start off with events and dates...

Some dates that flash past in no particular order..Aug 10'th,Oct 23'rd,Jan 10'th..Dec 9'th,Nov 2'nd,Nov 19'th .Some were days of sorrow,some days of ecstasy ..some a start of a new journey,some were nights of drunken chivalry(Nov 2'nd..heheheh).
I had the great pleasure of listenting to SPB unplugged at the Chabot college ...his 'Ilaya Nila' was truly a masterpiece,met Maddy a few weeks back at San Jose,cudn't break thru the hordes of preety aunties n gals to talk to the dude tho.
Now a list surprising rendezvous ..
Jayanthra Jayachandran(1997 ELS sec who ragged me during Rotafest 1997),Saranyan(dude how many times have i fought with you at the BVB assembly),Swetha...,Vasanth,Sunil Shankar outside Saravana Bhavan Sunnyvale...,AK at the Madras Cafe.
Some new friends to add to my ever growing list of friends....PrasadJoshi,Aishwarya,Ruchi,Thiruu.Siva ,Mary and Yan.
I have realised how brand conscious i am..some that i added Calvin Klien,iPod,Banana Republic,Starbucks,Ray Ban(finally finally i have a true mallu brand!!! ),Deloitte,Jack Daniels...

Movie of the year..Napoleon Dynamite..coz the movie made me laugh like never for some unknown wierdo reason..l

Song of the year...
kadhal tana naa na na!!

I finally realised that though love and hatred are opposites there is a very thin line that seperates the two.
It is often the person whom you love the most that you might eventually have to hate.In essence these words depict exteme states of ones mind and have no literal existence.I guess its time to end this crap and hit the sack!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mylapore Experience

Covid 19 and Work from Home