Junior Achievement Experience...

I volunteered to teach at a public school at Rocklin near Sacramento today. I went there feeling drowsy ..blame it on the lack of workout today.
The moment we started I could feel the energy in the room. The 40 kids I taught for 3 hours were so enthusiastic ..I feel like a battery after a recharge. Some interesting observation...things I felt I never did when i went to 3'rd grade.

1. Kids ask so many questions?? ..I hardly asked any at school except when I fell asleep and the teacher caught me napping

2. The questions are not dumb ...they listen to every single word you say.
I was taking about the role of a city planner ..and kept using a masculine gender all through to refer to the subject.

Shoot question 1. Is the city planner generally a 'He ' Mr Viv???

3.They make noise but at the count of 5 its pin drop silence.(Gees How many times at BVB have I been sent out for non stop chattering ...)

4.The teacher students ratio was 1:20 and maybe that contributed a lot to the the learning and the interest .

I got some feedback too....
Aaron thought I was a natural ..Mrs Barnhart the teacher felt I am too Softspoken..

Childhood and the innocence associated with it are topics often written about ...today I have experienced the joy of being a child in the company of some wonderful kids..waooooo It was Fun!

On the whole a great day offsite ...away from the Consulting life ..the brick and mortar realm at downtown Sacramento...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mylapore Experience

Covid 19 and Work from Home