Thoovanathumbikal and Thrissur

I have a fascination for the temple town of Thrissur .My best summer vacation after i finished my 6'th standard annual exam was spent there. The Thrissur slang ,the Thrissur Round,Vadakkunnathan temple, the speeding buses ,Thrissur Pooram,Nandappettan's friends are unforgettable memories.This time when i went with Dad, many old timers remembered the 12 year old kid from Coimbatore who sat under the Banyan tree eating mangoes ,watching the buses race each other .I was trying to pick up Malayalam reading the names of buses those days...

After 2 years of wait i get to see this classic again.I sat up till 3 a.m to download the movie yesterday . Every time I see this flick there is a sense of contentment .I think the climax has a lot to do with this . The movies keeps haunting me for hours after i watch it and this happens every single time. Especiallly the background score when Jayakrishnan first sees Clara in the rains ..wow !

Padmarajan's characterization of Jayakrishnan is flawless. There are shades of Jayakrishnan in every male . The degrees vary but I am sure every guy has his list of first's and no matter how many seconds and third's happen the first's will remain special and unforgettable . I coudn't help feeling nostalgic ..I am satisfied yet another time .

Comments

Vivek Manjeri said…
yo,
Jai i did'nt see this neways Thoovanathumbikal is special n one of Lal's best's
Anonymous said…
easily one of the best movies of all time..time becomes still whenever i listen to the theme music of this movie..
monu said…
i just now finished watching the movie... am in lookout for the background music in that moive...so i was googling for the backgorund music.. its very very nostalgic....
Anonymous said…
Does anyone has the background music in this movie? I would really appreciate if you could share that. You can reach me at
Sangeeth.george@gmail.com

Thanks
Sangeeth
Raman said…
Its obviously a classic. Background score is available in net. One can search in Google and get it.
Unknown said…
Hey Guys,

Did u happen to find the background music / Theme of the movie Thoovanathumbikal ?

Pls do send it if u have to smintoantony@hotmail.com
I am going nutts for it..

sAm
Unknown said…
Thx!
Unknown said…
Please go to cooltoad.com and search for thoovana thumbikal background. i got the music mp3's and have in my mobile....

cheers,

jai
Unknown said…
Please go to cooltoad.com and search for thoovana thumbikal background. i got the music mp3's and have in my mobile....

cheers,

jai
Unknown said…
Thx Jai
VBrothers said…
I have seen this movie almost 30 times now.....Just a Padmarajan classic....

Popular posts from this blog

Mylapore Experience

Covid 19 and Work from Home