Got back from San Diego this evening ..hardly remember my co passengers coz I was dead tired and half asleep listening to 'Yesudas' during the flight journey...
'Rouse ' is the perfect description of what we did at San Diego all weekend...
First Jai surprised me at the airport by showing up in bermudas and his new frenchie did add to the confusion..yes my pre KG till high school buddy had changed so much that i almost missed him in the crowd of mexicans...Till i heard his trademark high pitched 'Machiii' ..i was in a dilemma.

I did have a fairly adventurous ride to La Jolla (la Hoia….) thanks to Jai’s Driving gimmicks..Every now and then he kept reminding me that his Nissan Maxima was a 260 bhp stud..and that did’nt help the cause either..
We picked up some buttermilk,curd and orange juice to enroute to La Jolla parkway. Dinner happened in a jiffy and before I realized murli had joined us and we were recollecting our high school stories, crushes, fiascos…nostalgia would be an understatement to describe the what I was feeling that night. It was non stop chit chat for three hours till we had dissected every topic from ‘Sakthivel Tution ‘ to ‘11th std Lakshwadweep trip’. So many incidents and the fact that each one of us remembered every minute detail of it was just fascinating…
Early on Saturday 28’th May ,we drove to the Sea World San Diego. Jai persuaded me to sit in the roller coaster called ‘Atlantis..’ . I was reminded of my Giant wheel ride in 2003 in Mangalore.I have decided that super fast motion is not for me:-) . Had it been some other occasion I wud have avoided the invite but the thought of having some fun with my school buddies made me go the extra mile. By 1.00 p.m we were all complaining of starvation and headed home to feast on dominoz pizza
The eating frenzy was followed by a nice nap.Saturday evening was spent at Coranado island and at night we hit 'On Broadway' a discotheque in downtown San Diego.By 9 in the night yours truly had downed 5 jacks and was all set to move .We had 4 dance floors to use that night and i decided to head to the one that was playing disco. By 10.30 p.m Jai and I were inventing dance steps that wud not qualify for demo before any sane audience. Murli did all the watching .Prabhu Deva ,Jackson..Mithunda..Well I did better most of them thanks to the Uncle Jack Daniels .By 12.00 am Jai and Murli were busy doing hip hop and yours truly was still at the same floor having a nice time. At 1.00 am I decided to wrap up things and called my buddies to head back home.
Sunday was spent visiting the San Diego Zoo. For a change the reptiles in a Zoo were active..the King Cobra there was just a beauty. I remember my previous encounter with the same species when I was in my 5'th or 6'th grade at the Thrissur zoo, the thing hardly moved back then.
Evening was spent at the old town watching a pretty senorita explain the art of mind reading .Watched Madagascar with Jai at the Multiplex that night I liked the movie especially the dialogues .The movie made me feel a lot younger bringing back memories of days spent at 83 Palanisamy street, KK Pudur..watching Tom and Jerry .Those were the days……

Monday was half over when I woke up…Jai had a good lunch ready in no time..sambar,…podimas and pachadi Yummy!!! Felt sad while bidding adieu to Jai at the airport. I reassured myself by humming ‘I walk Alone ..I walk Alone…’

Even during the San Diego trip I had unexpected rendezvous with individuals…Poornima at Sea World, Mrs. Sandhya at the Zoo..that was a surprise coz she never told me about the marriage till I left Mangalore!

The San Diego trip was like journey back in time to year 1996 ..I was 16 then never missed an opportunity to have a laugh with high school buddies, never cared to look around while speaking…fun unlimited. I wish I had more of these days in my life ,coz corporate life does get one dimensional at times, but for those $$$...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mylapore Experience

Covid 19 and Work from Home