This blog started as a getaway from boredom during my days in Redmond Washington USA. Has nothing informative ,nothing interesting ,just random jottings of a fun loving individual called 'Man-Jerry' by pals
Little Si
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Reactions after we hiked up Little Si last week ..Hmmm Can't figure out the way to upload that video yet:-)
Jai and I went for a carnatic concert featuring the Ranjani-Gayathri combo. The queue outside the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan hall clearly showed thier fan following. The rasikas consisting mainly of 'mama-mamis' with thier trademark filter coffee flasks made the evening lively. The highlights of the concert were the 'Thodi' kirthanai ,the meera bhajan and the tukaram abhang in that order. I thought the crowd lacked discipline , quite few cell phones ringing and people leaving the concert before the mangalam piece. My dad told me about the mylapore 'mess'(mess= restaurant) culture. We went to Mylai mess that was opposite to the B.V.B hall for dinner. The place has hardly been renovated and maintains its old legacy even today. The menu card is also very typical of the Madras tiffin culture . I had Badam halwa , Kichadi and podi dosai for dinner. As usual I must elate... it was Yummm!!! Not the most cleanest place but yes i felt the place has preserved its soul :-).The...
Music is universal , check this one out pretty cool. The bollywood copy is making rounds everywhere The Indonesian rock err... alternate whatever really rocks! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZTqg1MgkTY
I have a fascination for the temple town of Thrissur .My best summer vacation after i finished my 6'th standard annual exam was spent there. The Thrissur slang ,the Thrissur Round,Vadakkunnathan temple, the speeding buses ,Thrissur Pooram,Nandappettan's friends are unforgettable memories.This time when i went with Dad, many old timers remembered the 12 year old kid from Coimbatore who sat under the Banyan tree eating mangoes ,watching the buses race each other .I was trying to pick up Malayalam reading the names of buses those days... After 2 years of wait i get to see this classic again.I sat up till 3 a.m to download the movie yesterday . Every time I see this flick there is a sense of contentment .I think the climax has a lot to do with this . The movies keeps haunting me for hours after i watch it and this happens every single time. Especiallly the background score when Jayakrishnan first sees Clara in the rains ..wow ! Padmarajan's characterization of Jayakrishnan is f...
Comments